- Welsh Fire the first two names who stand out is Starc and Smith. They are backed up by some savvy picks like Banton, Ingram, Plunkett and Duckett. They look a little weak in the bowling department. With only Starc and Plunkett people I could rely on. Rampual looked expensive for 75,000. Furthermore I don’t know how much you can trust young spinner quais Ahmed and Simon Harmer. Harmer had an exceptional finals day but in a year and a bits time it might be all very different.
- Oval Invincible’s they look to have a reasonably balanced team. With a destructive opening partnership of Narine and Roy. With Evans.Billings, Rossouw, and Will jacks they have some solid players. Also Fabian Allen there overseas will fit in well. There bowling is good with Tom and Sam (when available) Curran. Lamichane, Viljoen, Sowter and Reece topley.
- Manchester Originals they look a little weak. With out Butler they would be left with out the type of pedigree other teams have. However a county top 6 of Ed Pollock, Phil Salt, Eddie Byrom, Tom Abell, Dane Vilas and Wayne Madsen would be good to see. They are all quality players who have performed really well for there county however I don’t know how they will deal with the better bowlers. There bowling looks ok with Saquib Mahmood , Tahir, Christian and Santner.
- London Spirit An interesting draft selection with there England pick being Rory Burns. They have firepower in Morgan, Maxwell and Nabi. However there bowling of Wood, Crane, Abbott, Van der mer and Nabi looks weak. There batting will have to carry them and if Denly is with England then it could not be the best tournament for them.
- Birmingham Phoenix a weak draft with only firepower coming from livingstone, Ali and Williamson. There batting looks reasonable however they will have to rely on those 3 players for big scores. There bowling looks alright with Shaheen Afridi and Pat Brown leading the attack.
- Trent rockets, a very good draft with Rashid Khan, Darcy Short and Alex Hales. They have Root however he will be with England most of the time. Harry Gurney will be very good at the death on his home ground. Furthermore, they have good local players like Mullaney, Carter and Moores. Coulter – Nile and Gregory top of there bowling. However, those two are also very big hitters.
- Southern brave, immediately I see match winners. Archer, Russel, warner and Shadab Khan. With the ball in the powerplay when they have Archer available a pace attack of Russel, Mills and Archer will be dangerous. Backed um by Liam Dawson, Chris Jordan and Shadab Khan they look dangerous. Their batting looks average with Warner, Vince, Alex Davies, Pope, Rawlins and Russel.
- Northern Superchargers a good draft. With Finch, Lynn, Lyth, Willey, cadmore and Stokes when not with England. That is an explosive batting line up. There bowling however looks weak with no quality pace options. Wiley hasn’t been impressive with the ball for a while and after that they don’t have any quality pace option. However there spinners in Mujeeb and Rashid are very good. So if they are going to go far there batters and spinners will have to carry there team.
Yesterday in the fa cup qualifying round the game between Yeovil and Haringey Borough was abandoned due to alleged racism and spitting. As a club Yeovil are not racist. It is just horrifying that a few people are ruining it for the club’s name. This comes only four days after the incident against England vs Bulgaria. Tyrone Mings said after that incident ”our country isn’t perfect either” this is very true. This isn’t just Yeovil either. It’s a small number of people at each club in England. The only way it is going to stop is lifetime bans for the racist people. Furthermore other stands at the stadium have to challenge racist chants. However, this can be difficult as challenging a group of racists can be very difficult. However, I can say that in education younger people are a lot better with race. It is, unfortunately, the outdated uneducated football thugs that ruin it. They have to get lifetime bans.
Sarfaraz Ahmed has now been sacked from captain of t20’s and test matches. A decision on the one day captain will be decided soon. As a viewer, Sarfaraz has lost form with the gloves and bat. He seems to be slow and sluggish behind the stumps. The new captain for t20’s is Babar Azam. He is one of the best white-ball batters in the world. In my opinion, he can be the white ball version of Joe Root. Furthermore, he could work hard to make himself a test batsman and make himself remembered. Azhar Ali the new test captain has been a reliable batsman for years now. He has stopped white-ball cricket so how he can be fully focused on becoming the best Pakistan test captain he can. With a world t20 around the corner and the test championship up and running the future’s bright for Pakistan.
- Ravi Bopara has moved from Essex to Sussex after 18 successful years with Essex. In that time he has represented England in all three formats and in his last year played a pivotal role in winning the blast and county championship. This must have been a very hard decision for him.
- George Scott signs for Gloustershire.he has signed a three year deal with the club. I think this is a good decision as he will be playing regular red and white-ball cricket. Furthermore, Gloustershire has won promotion to division 1 so his red-ball cricket will be played there.
- Stuart Poynter ends Ireland career to stay with Durham. New Irish rules mean that to continue playing with Durham he would have to re-register as an overseas player. He has played one test, 21 one-dayers and 25 t20’s. I am sure this must have been a hard decision for him.
- Tom Banton hopefully by the team the hundred comes around Banton would have performed against New Zealand and in the Big bash. Making him a relatively experienced player for such a young guy.
- Babar Azam a class player with a great record in white-ball cricket. Him and Banton’s partnership at the top of the order was outstanding.
- Chris Lynn a very big hitter who has performed consistently in bug tournaments all over the world. He also by know would have played with Banton in the big bash.
- Liam Livingstone a big hitter like Lynn who has an IPL and PSL contract’s in the winter. Hopefully, he can break through into his IPL side.
- Alex Carey could be in the side alone for his batting. A wonderful world cup where he showed resilience and skill. Unlucky not to play in the ashes.
- Andre Russel injury ridden in the world cup but if he survives ten tournaments he will win you games. He can bowl at the death and powerplay at 90 mph and then hit a 20 ball fifty.
- Mohammed Nabi a darting spinner and a big hitter. The afghan is an experienced player any team would want him.
- Sam Curran potentially wasted with the bat at number 8 but his skiddy nature with the ball he is dangerous. A good IPL last hear showed off his skills.
- Jofra Archer the year of the Jof he will bowl at the death and powerplay all with great skill. Any team would want him.
- Harry Gurney a wonderful death bowler now being picked up in all big franchises. Very consistent and good especially at the death.
- Mustifuzar Rahman a very good yorker and consistently quick. Very young but lots of experience.
Last night England beat Bulgaria 6-0. However, it was a terrible night overall. Bulgaria continuously chanted racist phrases. There were young black players like Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford and Tyrone Mings making his debut. It was absolutely disgusting how they were conducting themselves. Nazi salutes in the stand can not continue. It is a salute that goes back to the biggest crime in human history. I do not know how England can deal with this though. Could they have walked off of the pitch? Maybe but they all wanted to continue. However, they made a decision and stuck to it. But the thing about racism is that it takes away from the football. It was a superb performance from all of the team bouncing back from a terrible loss on Friday. The link-up play with Barkley Kane Sterling and Rashford were superb. They have to keep playing like this because if they do. England could be dangerous.