1. Tom Banton (who is also keeping wicket), Tom was given a full run in this one-day tournament. He instantly paid That back to Abell with a hundred in the first game. He then failed for a few games but then he scored a match-winning hundred in the quarter-final then setting the tones in the semi and final with buccaneering ’50s. An England prospect.
2. Varun Chopra a very consistent campaign with three big one day hundreds. He was Essex’s main batsmen.
3. Steven Croft also with a very consistent campaign he Lancashire all the way to the semi-final with 516 runs at a strike rate of 95.
4. James Vince unfortunately for him he missed the final due to an England call-up. He had a fantastic campaign taking his team to the final 509 runs at the strike rate of 111. Unfortunately, I feel in the world cup he will be carrying the drinks.
5. James Hildreth he may not have had the one outstanding innings but he has been very consistent and been there when his team needed it. He scored 457 runs at an average of 6 with a match-winning 70 not out in the final.
6. Jake Lehmann only playing 4 games but he made a big impact when he did. His 191 runs at an average of 64 went along way to taking Lancashire to the quarterfinals.
7. Lewis Gregory one of two all-rounders in this team. Simply destructive with 287 runs. In addition to this, he took 10 very important wickets. Always bowling and batting in the difficult situations.
8. Liam Dawson an outstanding tournament that forced himself into the England world cups squad. He got 18 wickets at an average of 20 and 274 runs at 46.
9. Craig Overton a spectacular tournament. 12th in the batting averages with 212 runs at an average of 71. In addition to this, his main threat his bowling was also on fire with 20 wickets at an average of 20.
10. James Pattinson the middle over enforcer for this team. 11 wickets at 24 with his 90 mph pace. Sometimes on the expensive side but that’s what you get with wickets and pace.
11. Saquib Mahmood taking the new ball with Craig Overton has had a splendid tournament. 28 wickets an an average of 19 and I am surprised he hasn’t forced himself into the world cup squad. His time will come.